Thread: Solution: Failed to Connect to Gate Server (McAfee)

Solution: Failed to Connect to Gate Server (McAfee)

Here's a solution for the "Failed to Connect to Gate Server". This is for McAfee Antivirus / Firewall users.

1. Open the McAfee Security Center program.
    2. Look for "Firewall" and click on "Settings"
    3. Look for "Program Permissions".
    4. On the list of the programs, look for "Launcher module".
    5. Click on "launcher module", then "Edit".
    6. Change the permission to "Full" to give full access in running BlackShot.
    7. On the list of programs, look for "BlackShot"
    8. Click on "BlackShot", then "Edit"
    9. Change the permission to "Full" to give full access to running BlackShot.
    10. Click "Save" then close the McAfee program.
    11. Run BlackShot and this should fix the "Failed to Connect to Gate Server".

If you are not a McAfee user, please try doing the following steps on your Firewall program also. Look for BlackShot on the list of the blocked programs for you to connect to the gate server.

If you are encountering any other technical problems, feel free to post it on our Technical Support section. Thanks!
    Last edited by ExperimentalBeX; 12-01-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Private Array
    Gm , i still can't enter blackshot ...
    I Need help !

Private Array
    Gm , please look into my thread ->http://forum.blackshot.garena.com/sh...ease-help-me-!
    I Need help !

Recruit Array

I Cant

I Cant Connect Server

Recruit Array
    What about for Norman Users? Does it have to do the same thing or what?

Exclamation I cant run blackshot

after i installed the blackshot installer, when i open the blackshot setup there always a box which pops out saying
    "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you'r running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the programe, and then contact the software publisher."
    I am so confused what should i do??????
    PLZ I REALLY REALLY WANNA PLAY BLACKSHOT
    i am using windows 7

Failed to connect to the gate server.
    Please try again.
    Уже два дня такая фигня нету у меня анти вирусов.
    В брандмауэре тоже все нормально.

Private First Class Array
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbutt48570
    after i installed the blackshot installer, when i open the blackshot setup there always a box which pops out saying
    "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you'r running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the programe, and then contact the software publisher."
    I am so confused what should i do??????
    PLZ I REALLY REALLY WANNA PLAY BLACKSHOT
    i am using windows 7
    "
    Firstly, check your system. Open "start", right click "Computer", and click "properties". There, look at "system type".
    Mine is 64-bit operating system so I have to download the x64 blackshot version.
    So if yours says 32-bit operating system you obviously have to download the x86 version.

And GM, my current problem is, well, I can't connect to gate server either but only at random times. I have to wait for an uncertain duration before I play Blackshot again. It sometimes occurs when I'm in game where it just hangs for awhile before disconnecting me. And when I try to log in again it says "Cannot connect to gate server, please try again."
    It happens at random times.
    I've unblocked both Blackshot and Garena with my Windows Firewall but it does not solve the situation.
    And I'm not using any anti-virus.
    Any solution?

Brigadier General Array ExperimentalBeX's Avatar
    Update 1/12/2010: Solution updated...
    Please do not PM me for Tech problems.
    Post them in the Technical Support Section of the forum

Private Array
    errr .. still cnt connect to the gate server .. plz , help me , i wanna play blackshot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!