Thread: Unable to run blackshot with limited account in windows7

Private Array

Unable to run blackshot with limited account in windows7

Hi Support,

Can you please advise how to run Blackshot on user without admin rights? I've created a standard account in win7 but unable to run it, but if i convert this account to admin then it will be able to run. The error encountered below.

"Can`t find Blackshot files, Please re-install Blackshot"

I've tried below solution but it does not works.

http://forum.blackshot.garena.com/sh...ll=1#post20430

Brigadier General Array ExperimentalBeX's Avatar
    Hi jacko1313, this issue has something to do with windows 7's authority on the files based on the account. There is a way to enable limited accounts to play the game. Try the solution below:

Taken from Tom's Guide (Tom's Hardware)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom's Guide
    1. On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.

2. In the console tree, right-click the domain or organizational unit for which you want to set the policy.

3. Click Properties, and then click the Group Policy tab.

4. Select a Group Policy Object in the Group Policy Objects Links box and click Edit.

5. Open the Local Computer Policy\Administrative Templates\Windows Installer folder.

6. In the details pane, double-click the Always install with elevated privileges policy.

7. In the Group Policy Property dialog box, enable the policy, select the check box to turn the setting on, and then click OK.

8. Open the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Installer folder and repeat Steps 6 and 7.
    1. Select Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.

2. In the Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users.

3. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.

4. In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it states "Administrator".
    Please do let me know if this solution works so that I can add it on the Solution guide.
    Please do not PM me for Tech problems.
    Post them in the Technical Support Section of the forum

Private Array
    Thanks for your reply, the solution don't answer to my issue. Because I'm refering to a single workstation that does not belong to any domain so there is no AD/GPO feature. Please help.

I remember doing something that requires admin access... please hold on while i find the guide.

here it is...

The above guide is to allow limited users to take admin ownership over the file which is not recommended. Please be aware that to follow the guide at your own risk. Any damage done to your PC or Files will not be held responsible by me or Garena.

*Another safer way my colleague has advised you to do is to add Blackshot to the program Whitelist.
    The guide can be found here.
    Last edited by ExperimentalBeX; 11-22-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Private Array
    I've tried the 1st solution it doesn't work neither the 2nd. i've tried grant the user admin rights on blackshot folders & files it is still prompting bs file not found. Is it some part of the BS script wrote in a way that require user that run BS must have admin rights? other apps no problem running for non-admin acc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko1313
    I've tried the 1st solution it doesn't work neither the 2nd. i've tried grant the user admin rights on blackshot folders & files it is still prompting bs file not found. Is it some part of the BS script wrote in a way that require user that run BS must have admin rights? other apps no problem running for non-admin acc.
    By right, the Blackshot files should be able to run properly without doing any tweaks on the file for Limited Access Accounts. I was advised by my colleague that you could have installed Blackshot incorrectly. Can you try to reinstall Blackshot by following instructions [1.1] from tihs guide?