Thread: How to avoid LAG in blackshot < Bunch of tips

Sergeant Major Array

Post How to avoid LAG in blackshot < Bunch of tips

Playing BS for quite some time led me to draw conclusions about lags.
    It's not that blackshot is laggy nor are the servers.
    It's enough to have 1 laggy player, and all ingame players will suffer lags.
    Why ? Data packets have to travel between all players. If 1 player lags, everyone's game client has to wait until whole data synchronizes between all players.
    Believe me, there are plenty out there, whom I'd consider to connect with inet using old 36600 k-flex modem. Or even worse: they connect wirelessly or using mobile access.

What is lag ?
    LAG (latency) - is used to measure the delay between sent and received data packets at a set distance.
    In computer games, too high delay between player's action and reaction of the game is considered as a lag.

To lessen lag as much as possible:

- before you enter an ongoing game, look at room's ping. If it does have 5 green bars, then it looks very promising.
    I don't even consider entering rooms with 4 green bars (or less), as it tells me, there is at least 1 heavy lagging player.

- as mentioned above, the game's architecture is p2p, and everybody will suffer if there's even 1 lagging player.
    Thus saying the less player in room, the better.
    Conclusion: avoid rooms bigger than 6v6. 8v8 rooms are always laggy, no matter what.
    exception for 8v8: all players come from the same country, and have pretty good internet connections.
    7v7: winning a lottery has higher pro********lity, than playing w/o lags.

- playing among players from whole malaysia won't ever satisfy all in room (not even half of them).
    Since BlackShot doesn't tolerate high latencies, thus those who live in east malaysia, won't be good hosts for PH and SG players, and Other region.
    Even when ping-o-meter shows all 5 green bars. Don't be misled, as the network distance between for example MY and SGl is quite high, thus latency is high. I won't go deeper into technical things.
    Conclusion: before you hit ready/start, make sure most of the players come from adjacent countries.
    Playing with people living on the opposite side of malaysia makes no sense, unless you don't care that changing weapons take 1+sec, or you won't shoot right after you finish reloading ammo clip.
    (Ever heard "tssk tssk" sound after reload, like you still were out of ammo?) rolleyes.gif

side note: in rooms containing players from all countries (only in clan server channel)

- Connection between room master and room host plays an important role in a match.
    If room master lags, no matter who becomes the host, and how many times you will change it, all players will suffer lags.
    Room master and room host as one person is a bad choice, and in most games will be laggy.
    So it's better when room master is not a host.

conclusion: find yourself another room.

- don't be selfish and don't act like a boor. If players ask you to change the host, do it. Otherwise do not complain all the time that somebody kicked you without a reason.

If you have other ideas how to avoid laggy games, feel free to share them wink.gif

________________________________________________________________________________

small FAQ

How to find out if room is laggy ?
    There's an easy way to find it out.
    You know that while being a host, changing weapons is instant.
    If you aren't room host, changing weaps take some time. The longer it lasts, the higher are lags.
    If it takes longer than 0.5sec, room is under heavy lag.

Other hint bases on ping to other players.
    In most cases you may have 4-5 green ping bars to all players.
    But when you die, and press TAB (holding it for 3-5 secs) to see acutal rankings, you will see that ping bars may drop from green to even red. Consider this as a real ping indicator*.
    It occurs mostly in rooms containing very laggy players.

*don't base on ping indicator right after you enter a game, or when a new round in SD match starts.

How do I know if room master is lagging ?
    If a host change occurs - where room master has a good connection - it's almost instant.
    If not, animation showing host change will loop itself more than 1 time (prolly about 3-4 times or even more, when RM lags very heavy)
    This tells me, that no matter who becomes the host, I have nothing to look further in such room.

But hey I have a new/decent laptop/PC
    If you think that better PC means less lag, it's not exactly like this.
    There's a term called "hardware lag". If PC's hardware cannot withstand game's requirements
    it renders the frames with low rate. Network performance will be affected as well.
    BS has low hardware requirements, thus playing it on notebooks should possible w/o problems.
    But it depends also on all applications you run in background, you specific operating system config, drivers and tons of other factors.

Are there any ways to make my connection less laggy ?
    Actually yes, but it depends on your network infrastructure.

1. do not connect wirelessly when playing online games, and forget about playing while using mobile access.
    Your latency will never go below 1-2 seconds, and such time is considered as eon in gaming.
    Always connect to network modem/router using wire.

2. if you use a router to share your connection between multiple hosts (other computers or devices), make sure you prioritize packets from/to your PC, and you use QOS (turn on quality of service in your router).
    Remember, when all hosts in your network start receiving/sending packets, your own latency will raise grately.

3. don't download/upload anything in background, especially using torrent software.
    It kills the connection instantly.

4. make sure you allowed blackshot client outgoing connection access in your firewall, and firewall isn't filtering this connection.
    If it does, it takes some time to filter this connection and pass it through, so it raise the latency.

Those are basic tips, and should be enough.
    I won't go deeper in router's configuration, advanced network informations and so on.
    Those who want, may find more advanced hints, and tips on interwebz.

_______________________________________________________________________________

faulty beliefs

Hey, I've got 20/50/100... mb connection, and I'm not lagging !

Wrong!
    You may have at most 20/50/100/... Mbit connection, and in most cases it means only that you can download data up to that speed.
    While playing any online game, you don't only download data, but send it as well.
    In oFPS like games you approximately receive the same amount of data, as you transmit.
    So don't you tell anyone that you have 100mbits, when your max upload speed may be at most 1.5mbit (may be even 25 Mbits, depending on your ISP and its packets).
    But it's not important how fast you can download, but how fast can you process received data, and send it to the rest of players.
    And that's why 1mbit fiber connection will always own your 1000000 baziliard mbit calbe/dsl/wireless connection.

But I never lagged while playing Garena's blackshot

Do you really think, that playing against people living in second half of the globe makes you have lower latency than they do ?
    Firstly: latency of your packets (assuming you live in SG/MY) won't go below 300-350ms.
    This may be enough for mmorpg like PvE games, but not for FPS games.
    Secondly: area on which Garena offers its services is much smaller compared to MY, and players have:
    - faster connections than average SG user
    - routes through which digital data is travelling are way shorter than in PH
    FYI: digital data doesn't travel in the shortest way, known as a straight line from point A to point B.
    You may not even know, that when you connect to your neighbour living on the opposite side od street, the connection may be routed through MY or asia.

You may think that you play without lags on oriental Blackshot servers.
    But you are seen as a lagger to players from those countries.
    The same as you see other players having 1 red ping bar when you play.
    Or even worse.

______________________________________________________________________________

All tips and info I have provided is based on my own experience, and knowledge.
    You may not agree with them, and I don't expect from you to play along with them.
    Last edited by LightYagami_XZ; 02-21-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    In-Game : LexiBelleX
    Clan :TeamXception
    Representing Country : Malaysia (Sarawak)
    My Signature : http://img97.imageshack.us/i/darkanimeguyimage11.jpg/

Type : Assault Rifle (HK-416)
    Place Of Origins: Germany
    Designer : Ernst Mauch
    Produced In : 2005?present
    More HK-416 Info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_416

Surrender
    Collaborate
    Or Resist.

hmm .. this 1 is speech ?
    TipahTerTipuBang
    -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

[Majore General]
    [★★]

Malaysia

My siggy
    Clan : Night_Deathz(Elite)

Games will never Boring is Blackshot Of-course

_____________________________________________________________________________

translation to malay

Bagaimana mengelakkan LAG dalam <blackshot Setumpuk troubleshooting
    BS Bermain untuk beberapa waktu membawa saya untuk menarik kesimpulan tentang kelambatan.
    Ini bukan bererti bahawa blackshot adalah laggy tidak pula pelayan.
    Ini cukup untuk punya 1 pemain laggy, dan semua pemain ingame akan menderita kelambatan.
    Mengapa? data paket harus melakukan perjalanan antara semua pemain. Jika 1 pemain kelambatan, pelanggan permainan setiap orang harus menunggu sehingga seluruh data Menyegerakkan antara semua pemain.
    Percayalah, ada banyak di luar sana, yang saya akan mempertimbangkan untuk berhubung dengan inet menggunakan modem 36600 lama k-flex. Atau bahkan lebih buruk: mereka disambungkan secara wayarles atau menggunakan akses mobile.

Apa lag?
    LAG (latency) - digunakan untuk mengukur delay antara pakej-pakej data yang dihantar dan diterima pada jarak tertentu.
    Dalam permainan komputer, delay terlalu tinggi antara tindakan pemain dan reaksi dari permainan ini adalah dianggap sebagai jeda.

Untuk mengurangkan lag sebanyak mungkin:

- Sebelum anda memasukkan permainan yang sedang berlangsung, melihat ping bilik. Jika memang memiliki 5 bar hijau, maka terlihat sangat menjanjikan.
    Aku bahkan tidak mempertimbangkan memasuki bilik dengan 4 bar hijau (atau kurang), seperti yang memberitahu saya, ada sekurang-kurangnya 1 pemain tertinggal berat.

- Seperti yang disebutkan di atas, arsitektur permainan adalah P2P, dan semua orang akan menderita jika ada bahkan 1 pemain tertinggal.
    Jadi mengatakan pemain kurang dalam bilik, semakin baik.
    Kesimpulan: elakkan daripada bilik lebih besar dari 6v6. 8v8 bilik selalu laggy, tidak peduli apa.
    pengecualian untuk 8v8: semua pemain berasal dari negara yang sama, dan mempunyai sambungan internet cukup bagus.
    7v7: memenangi loteri mempunyai kemungkinan lebih tinggi, selain bermain w / o lags.

- Bermain antara pemain dari seluruh Eropah tidak akan pernah memuaskan semua di bilik (bahkan tidak setengah dari mereka).
    Kerana BlackShot tidak membiarkan latency tinggi, sehingga mereka yang tinggal di eropa barat, tidak akan menjadi tuan rumah yang baik untuk pusat / Pemain eropa timur, dan sebaliknya.
    Bahkan ketika ping-o-meter menunjukkan semua 5 bar hijau. Jangan menyesatkan, sebagai jarak rangkaian antara contohnya Hungary dan Portugal cukup tinggi, sehingga latency tinggi. Aku tidak akan pergi lebih ke hal teknikal.
    Kesimpulan: sebelum anda menekan siap / memulakan, pastikan sebahagian besar pemain berasal dari negara-negara yang berdekatan.
    Bermain dengan orang-orang yang hidup di sisi berlawanan dari Eropah tidak masuk akal, kecuali anda tidak peduli bahawa senjata berubah mengambil 1 + saat, atau anda tidak akan menembak tepat selepas anda selesai reload klip peluru.
    (Pernah dengar "tssk tssk" suara selepas kembali, seperti anda masih berada di luar peluru?) Rolleyes.gif

sisi catatan: di bilik yang mengandungi pemain dari semua negara, Jerman cenderung menjadi tuan rumah terbaik, kerana mereka telah sebahagian besar resultan jarak terpendek antara semua pemain. Belum lagi bahawa pelayan yang bertempat di Jerman cool.gif

- Sambungan antara master bilik dan bilik tuan rumah memainkan peranan penting dalam sebuah perlawanan.
    Jika master bilik kelambatan, tidak peduli yang menjadi tuan rumah, dan berapa kali anda akan mengubah itu, semua pemain akan mengalami kelambatan.
    Bilik master dan host ruangan sebagai satu orang adalah pilihan yang buruk, dan dalam permainan yang paling akan laggy.
    Jadi lebih baik bila master bilik tidak host.

Kesimpulan: menemukan diri bilik lain.

- Jangan ego dan tidak bertindak seperti orang kasar yang. Jika pemain meminta anda untuk menukar host, melakukannya. Jika tidak mengeluh sepanjang waktu bahawa seseorang menendang anda tanpa alasan.

Jika anda punya ide yang lain bagaimana mengelakkan game laggy, merasa bebas untuk berkongsi wink.gif

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

kecil FAQ

Bagaimana mengetahui apakah bilik laggy?
    Ada cara mudah untuk menemuinya.
    Kau tahu bahawa ketika sedang host, menukar senjata adalah segera.
    Jika anda tidak host bilik, weaps perubahan memerlukan beberapa waktu. Semakin lama itu berlangsung, semakin tinggi adalah kelambatan.
    Jika mengambil masa lebih lama dari 0.5sec, ruang di bawah lag berat.

Lain manual asas di ping ke pemain lain.
    Dalam kebanyakan kes, anda mungkin perlu 4-5 bar ping hijau untuk semua pemain.
    Tapi ketika anda mati, dan tekan TAB (memegangnya selama 3-5 saat) untuk melihat kedudukan acutal, anda akan melihat bahawa Bar ping mungkin drop dari hijau bahkan merah. Pertimbangkan ini sebagai penunjuk ping nyata *.
    Hal ini terjadi terutama di bilik yang mengandungi pemain yang sangat laggy.

* Tidak mendasarkan pada penunjuk ping kanan selepas anda memasukkan game, atau ketika sebuah babak baru dalam pertandingan bermula SDN.

Bagaimana saya tahu jika master bilik lagging?
    Jika perubahan host berlaku - di mana master bilik mempunyai sambungan yang bagus - itu hampir serta-merta.
    Jika tidak, animasi menunjukkan perubahan tuan rumah akan loop sendiri lebih dari 1 kali (prolly sekitar 3-4 kali atau bahkan lebih, ketika RM tertinggal sangat berat)
    Ini memberitahu saya, bahawa tidak peduli siapa yang menjadi tuan rumah, saya punya apa-apa untuk melihat lebih dalam bilik tersebut.

Tapi, hei aku punya laptop / baru layak / PC
    Jika anda berfikir bahawa PC yang lebih baik bererti lag kurang, itu tidak persis seperti ini.
    Ada yang disebut istilah "peranti keras lag". Jika hardware PC tidak dapat menahan keperluan permainan
    itu membuat frame dengan peringkat rendah. Prestasi rangkaian akan terjejas juga.
    BS mempunyai keperluan peranti keras rendah, sehingga bermain di notebook mungkin perlu w / o masalah.
    Tapi itu bergantung juga pada semua aplikasi yang berjalan di latar belakang, anda konfigurasi sistem operasi tertentu, driver dan tan faktor lain.

Apakah ada cara untuk membuat sambungan saya kurang laggy?
    Sebenarnya ya, tapi itu bergantung pada infrastruktur rangkaian anda.

1. tidak disambung secara wayarles ketika bermain game online, dan melupakan bermain sambil menggunakan akses mobile.
    latency anda tidak akan pernah pergi di bawah 1-2 saat, dan masa tersebut dianggap sebagai eon dalam game.
    Selalu terhubung ke modem rangkaian / kabel menggunakan router.

2. jika anda menggunakan router untuk membahagi Sambungan anda di antara beberapa host (komputer atau peranti lain), pastikan anda memprioritaskan pakej-pakej dari / ke PC anda, dan anda menggunakan QOS (menghidupkan high perkhidmatan di router anda).
    Ingat, ketika semua host di jaringan anda mula menerima / menghantar pakej, latency anda sendiri akan meningkatkan grately.

3. tidak men-download / upload sesuatu di latar belakang, terutama menggunakan software torrent.
    Membunuh sambungan langsung.

4. pastikan anda dibenarkan blackshot pelanggan akses Sambungan keluar di firewall anda, dan firewall tidak menapis sambungan ini.
    Jika tidak, diperlukan beberapa waktu untuk menapis hubungan ini dan menyebarkannya melalui, sehingga meningkatkan latency.

Mereka adalah tips dasar, dan harus cukup.
    Aku tidak akan pergi lebih dalam konfigurasi router, maju maklumat rangkaian dan sebagainya.
    Mereka yang ingin, mungkin mendapati penggunaan lebih maju, dan tips tentang interwebz.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

keyakinan yang salah

Hei, aku punya 20/50/100 ... Sambungan mb, dan aku tidak tertinggal!

Salah!
    Anda mungkin mempunyai paling 20/50/100 / ... Sambungan Mbit, dan dalam kebanyakan kes itu hanya bererti bahawa anda dapat men-download data hingga kecepatan.
    Sambil bermain semua game online, anda tidak hanya mendownload data, tapi kirimkan juga.
    Dalam oFPS seperti permainan anda kira-kira menerima jumlah data yang sama, seperti yang anda menghantar.
    Jadi jangan kau bilang siapa-siapa bahawa anda telah 100mbits, ketika maks kelajuan upload mungkin pada 1.5mbit sebahagian besar (mungkin lebih 25 Mbits, bergantung pada ISP dan pakej-nya).
    Tapi itu tidak penting seberapa cepat anda boleh men-download, tapi bagaimana anda bisa cepat memproses data yang diterima, dan menghantarnya ke seluruh pemain.
    Dan itulah mengapa Sambungan serat 1mbit akan selalu 1000000 sendiri calbe MBit baziliard anda / dsl / Sambungan wayarles.
    TipahTerTipuBang

[Majore General]
    [★★]

Malaysia

My siggy

Tapi aku tidak pernah tertinggal ketika bermain blackshot Garena's

Adakah anda benar-benar berfikir, bahawa bermain melawan orang-orang yang tinggal di paruh kedua dunia membuat anda mempunyai latency lebih rendah daripada yang mereka lakukan?
    Pertama: latency dari pakej anda (dengan andaian anda tinggal di barat / eropa pusat) tidak akan pergi di bawah 300-350MS.
    Hal ini mungkin cukup untuk MMORPG seperti permainan PvE, tapi tidak untuk game FPS.
    Kedua: wilayah yang Garena menawarkan perkhidmatan yang jauh lebih kecil dibandingkan dengan Eropah, dan pemain mempunyai:
    - Sambungan yang lebih cepat daripada rata-rata pengguna eropa
    - Rute melalui mana data digital perjalanan adalah cara lebih pendek daripada di Eropah
    FYI: data digital tidak musafir di jalan terpendek, yang dikenali sebagai garis lurus dari titik A ke titik B.
    Anda mungkin tidak tahu, bahawa apabila anda disambungkan kepada hidup tetangga anda di seberang jalan od, sambungan ini boleh disalurkan melalui america utara atau asia.

Anda mungkin berfikir bahawa anda bermain tanpa lags di server Blackshot oriental.
    Tapi anda dipandang sebagai orang yg terlambat untuk pemain dari negara-negara tersebut.
    Hal yang sama seperti yang anda lihat pemain lain yang mempunyai 1 bar ping merah pada saat anda bermain.
    Atau bahkan lebih buruk.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Semua tips dan info yang saya berikan berdasarkan pengalaman saya sendiri, dan pengetahuan.
    Anda mungkin tidak bersetuju dengan mereka, dan aku tidak inginkan dari anda untuk bermain bersama mereka.

actually i need this .. noob english lorh ~~
    TipahTerTipuBang

[Majore General]
    [★★]

Malaysia

My siggy

@mitzlolz : That is what direct translation. Some of the sentences have error on translation. E.g : small faq turn into kecil faq. You google translate it or what?
    (C)Khybix 2011

My IGN : KingCloudXII
    Partner IGN : J.O.H.N
    Clan : Deceyven
    Kill/Death Ratio
    -> 68% <-

| 1500th MVP | BlackShot Montage - KingCloudXII | Battle Statistic |

-Quitted for eternity-

GhostArmy will not be forgotten.

lol .. Its just 4 me .. As long i understand .. Hehe
    TipahTerTipuBang

[Majore General]
    [★★]

Malaysia

My siggy

that is why when ever i see a lagger i will ask them to leave the room but instead i got flame or the best things i've been boot..
    AWESOME...

also light... that is too much for me too read.. so i only read the first 2 lines..
    IGN: INTERNISTA (If found in game have no mercy to me)
    Favourite weapons: "ghetto Shank"
    Moto: We are not NORMALS, We are PARANORMALS
    Server: KUALA LUMPUR/MALAYSIA
    Clan: <NICEST>
    State: PENANG (place where people come to eat)

FIRST USER TO HAVE ANIMATED AVATAR.... YOUJELLY??
    CAMPING IS NOT A CRIME

MY LATEST SIGNATURE <----Click to see it.... Or else
    SCAMMING INFO
    BEST STORY EVER < That's right... BEST STORY EVER

Scar forest is awesome.... Just saying

i'd lol at the malay translation..sorry..i just find it funny on some of the term used there..

a really good guide btw..

@AZWANTED-haha..same with me..i stop reading at the second line..

Operatives Array
    Thread moved to Boot Camp.