Thread: [SOLVED] Runtime Error With Launcher

Recruit Array

[SOLVED] Runtime Error With Launcher

Hi, i've just downloaded the game client without the garena messenger. Installed and tried to run and it says:
    ----------------
    Runtime Error!

Program: K:\BlackShot\BlackShot\launcher.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unsual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    ----------------

Things i've tried:
    Reinstalling the runtime library but it din't fix it so,
    I've also replaced the launcher with this one:
    Download latest launcher (1.85MB)
    (Since 2010-Nov-25)
    from the manual patch page.

But a different problem occurs. It says "Unable to decompress file" when i try to log in. It can launch this time but i cant login.

I opened up the log and it says:
    Feb 09 19:01:33 info AuthLoginManager.cpp AuthLoginManager::Run[43]: Auth login started.
    Feb 09 19:01:35 info AuthLoginManager.cpp AuthLoginManager::Run[53]: Auth login succeed with 1 times.
    Feb 09 19:01:35 info UpdateChecker.cpp UpdateChecker::CheckUpdate[20]: Reading current version...
    Feb 09 19:01:36 info UpdateChecker.cpp UpdateChecker::CheckUpdate[56]: Newer version available.
    Feb 09 19:01:36 info GameUpdate.cpp GameUpdate::RunUpdate[58]: Preparing to download update_3_0.zip
    Feb 09 19:01:36 info GameUpdate.cpp GameUpdate::RunUpdate[77]: Decompressing update_3_0.zip
    Feb 09 19:01:36 error GameUpdate.cpp GameUpdate:ecompress[131]: OpenZip error.
    Feb 09 19:01:37 info GameUpdate.cpp GameUpdate::RunUpdate[82]: Failed to decompress update_3_0.zip
    Feb 09 19:01:39 info GameUpdate.cpp GameUpdate::RunUpdate[120]: Update was incomplete or cancelled by user.

It seems that i can't open the update_3_0.zip

Please help me!

My system specs is:
    Intel Dual core 2.2 GHz
    Nvidia 8400M GS with latest driver
    OS windows 7 64-bit
    Last edited by ExperimentalBeX; 02-14-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Brigadier General Array ExperimentalBeX's Avatar
    Hi diskbomber, please reinstall Blackshot by following instructions [1.1] from this guide.
    Please do not PM me for Tech problems.
    Post them in the Technical Support Section of the forum

Recruit Array
    Thanks. I'll uninstall and clean it right away and install it again. If cannot, i will download it again because it takes ages to download it with my streamyx connection.

Recruit Array
    Thank god, the game works only if i download the Blackshot with garena messenger.