Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Optimize BlackShot (SCREEN RESOLUTION)! By Moderator slashvar

First Lieutenant Array yuansheng4b's Avatar

Thumbs up Optimize BlackShot (SCREEN RESOLUTION)! By Moderator slashvar

SCREEN RESOLUTION

Players with monitors supporting full HD resolution, you may notice that Blackshot does not have a display option that matches your screen's native resolution. Fret not! There is an option to force Blackshot to any resolution you want.

1. In your game installation folder (default : C:\VertigoGames\Game\BlackShot\Blackshot\system), find and edit the file "GameOption_SG.ini" with notepad or any word editor.

2. Change the values for WIDTH and HEIGHT to match your max/native screen resolution. e.g. 24" LCDs typically have a resolution of 1920(Width) x 1200(Height)

3. Save your changes and exit the word editor. Start the game !

Notes:
    1. It only affects gameplay , not Lobby

Why you should do this
    1. Running the game at your monitor's native resolution gives you maximum clarity. Everything is just sharper.
    2. At native resolution, your monitor/graphic card does not need to perform the extra work of resizing the display to your monitor's native resolution. In minor cases, there's no measurable lag. In extreme cases, you can feel the screen "dragging" as you move the mouse.

Why you should NOT do this
    1. Users with low end graphic cards may not be able to support the higher requirements of a high resolution display. In this case, you can still make use of this setting to lower the resolution.
    IGN: NGYUANSHENG
    MOTTO: OPEN CONDOM STYLE..HEYYY!

Sergeant First Class Array
    can i do this in my laptop.....13" de.....i dunno how to count..=.=
    IGN :GrVx8rY4N ....>.....QeZx3
    PAWNER...IS HERE....

First Lieutenant Array yuansheng4b's Avatar
    Height x Width just like our math. Length x breath x height

regard.
    IGN: NGYUANSHENG
    MOTTO: OPEN CONDOM STYLE..HEYYY!

Colonel Array
    Quote Originally Posted by bombattack
    can i do this in my laptop.....13" de.....i dunno how to count..=.=
    check your screen native resolution then edit it
    a.k.a. Layfon

IGN:AngelClare (keep at vault already)
    Clan:ClanOrz (ghost member)

IGN:wormy103444 (MIA)
    Clan:SailorMoon

Status: At United Kingdom for my studies , so i can't play blackshot =( ..haha

Recruit Array
    is the engine optimized for 4:3 resolutions like 1290x960 or can i choose full hd without any disadvantage?

Recruit Array
    Thanks for this.

Private First Class Array
    LOLWUT.
    You can already do this in blackshot game itself..................
    Press Settings, Graphics, select your resolution.
    Easy Simple. Unless you using out of this world resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by millsmoubi
    LOLWUT.
    You can already do this in blackshot game itself..................
    Press Settings, Graphics, select your resolution.
    Easy Simple. Unless you using out of this world resolution.
    Some monitors have native resolution that isn't available for selection in the Settings menu inside Blackshot; For example 2560 x 1600. Some use their TV's and connect them to their Computer and that's going to have quite a huge res. Manual Settings would be required for those types. in the aforementioned cases, the resolutions are not included in the selection menu for the resolution settings.
    IGN: ASM_Flux
    KD: 6506%
    Clan:
    WOC: M24, AWP Ghost, AWP_Bl@
    My Combat Intel: http://ingameweb.blackshotonline.com/UserInfo/BattleInfo.aspx?cid=2224934
    Battle Philosophy: 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す 殺す

Private Array
    Can i put to any resoulution i want ? For eg 974x698

Banned Array
    Quote Originally Posted by yuansheng4b
    SCREEN RESOLUTION

Players with monitors supporting full HD resolution, you may notice that Blackshot does not have a display option that matches your screen's native resolution. Fret not! There is an option to force Blackshot to any resolution you want.

1. In your game installation folder (default : C:\VertigoGames\Game\BlackShot\Blackshot\system), find and edit the file "GameOption_SG.ini" with notepad or any word editor.

2. Change the values for WIDTH and HEIGHT to match your max/native screen resolution. e.g. 24" LCDs typically have a resolution of 1920(Width) x 1200(Height)

3. Save your changes and exit the word editor. Start the game !

Notes:
    1. It only affects gameplay , not Lobby

Why you should do this
    1. Running the game at your monitor's native resolution gives you maximum clarity. Everything is just sharper.
    2. At native resolution, your monitor/graphic card does not need to perform the extra work of resizing the display to your monitor's native resolution. In minor cases, there's no measurable lag. In extreme cases, you can feel the screen "dragging" as you move the mouse.

Why you should NOT do this
    1. Users with low end graphic cards may not be able to support the higher requirements of a high resolution display. In this case, you can still make use of this setting to lower the resolution.
    can i use this method with a Mobile Intel 4 Express chipset Family?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last